Virtual Hearing Guidelines
The Texas Supreme Court has mandated that Remote or Virtual Hearings should be utilized in the Courts in the State of Texas, if possible. The City of Boerne Municipal Court now offers a virtual appearance option. A virtual appearance allows you to confer with the judge or prosecutor about your case via a video conference through the use of Zoom either on your computer or wireless device. These hearings will be broadcast live via YouTube in order to comply with the constitutional open court requirement. Neglecting to appear for your virtual hearing will have the same consequences as not appearing at an in-person proceeding. A warrant may be issued for your arrest. If it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to access a virtual hearing, please complete the Request for Hearing Form, select the In-Person option and submit it to the court prior to your scheduled virtual hearing.
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (iPhone, Android, tablets, laptops and home computers with video capability should be compatible.)
- A fast and stable internet connection.
- A webcam/built-in camera that will allow the judge to see you during the video conference.
- A microphone and speakers that will allow you and the judge to talk to each other.
- A working email address: you may need to email images or documents for the judge’s review.
- Set aside 30-45 minutes of time for the appointment.
- Be properly dressed. Inappropriate clothing will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courtroom.
- Avoid distractions. Select a room environment that allows you to focus on discussing your case with the judge and minimize interruptions or background noise.
- Be patient with unexpected technical issues or inactivity during the session as we work through the technical challenges of a virtual docket.
Before Your Hearing
- All documents that you want to present to the court regarding your offense, such as driver's license and/or insurance card MUST be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon the day before your hearing.
- Log in at least 5 minutes prior to your court time, so the clerk can check you in and assemble any necessary paperwork. The clerk will request that you provide a method by which any documents may be sent to you. The Court prefers to send documents via email, so please provide a valid email address if you have one. Otherwise, be prepared to provide a mailing address or fax number.
- When joining the virtual hearing, use your first and last name as your screen name. Once you have successfully joined, you will be placed into a virtual waiting room.
- When it is your turn, you will be brought into the virtual courtroom. Please be attentive at all times, failure to do so may cause you to miss important instructions and possibly be removed from the virtual courtroom.
Click the link below that corresponds to your scheduled hearing date.